Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Hepco & Becker Luggage Installed
CaptainChris Offline
Break-In Period

Wisconsin
RE: Hepco & Becker Luggage Installed
(03-15-2018 03:54 PM)peterbaron Wrote:  NICE.....
Would like to see a separate pic of perfect rear view, if possible, please.
What's the size of side panniers and top box ?

happy & safe The ferret

pb

Thanks! The side cases each hold 40 liters and the top holds 55 liters. Too dark out right now for a picture but I'll snap one tomorrow and post it.

(03-15-2018 05:47 PM)popgun Wrote:  Thinks you better check your wallet. You need a fat one for HB stuff Smile

Yup! It's near empty now. If it weren't for being spoiled by the hard luggage on my BMW I probably could have gotten away with some soft stuff. It's just so nice to have the hard bags though...

(03-15-2018 01:40 PM)Acrobat Wrote:  Good job Chris, I think this is the best choice for hard luggage. Fits nice on CB and has very good quality.Thumbs Up

Thanks Acrobat! Beer

Well I threw all the cases on and had the girlfriend hop on the back. Did a dinky little test drive in the parking lot since there's still too much salt and sand around. The handling is quite a bit different now. It'll be an adjustment but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2018 05:54 PM by CaptainChris.)
03-15-2018 05:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
peterbaron Online
Lives On Two Wheels

ON, Canada
[

[/quote]

(03-15-2018 05:47 PM)popgun Wrote:  Thinks you better check your wallet. You need a fat one for HB stuff Smile

Yup! It's near empty now.

(03-15-2018 01:40 PM)Acrobat Wrote:  G:
:

Well I threw all the cases on and had the girlfriend hop on the back.
[/quote]

Captain,
Never mind your wallet...now, install rear view mirror to watch your girlfriend and new boxes..ROFL..lol

Beer

pb

"Drop a gear and disappear"®
'14 CB1100 DLX-#170 ® 26K kms (FOX - pleasure horse)
'14 CB1100/ABS ® 113K kms (MYSHOL - white draft horse)
'13 CB1100/c-ABS - 56K kms - sold
*Grand Chancellor*
03-15-2018 06:16 PM
Banned Offline
Banned

earth
Your CB looks great with that set up. Looks like the exact same mounting system as the Ulysses uses (also H&B).

I honestly don't see how you could need more luggage space than that, my wife and I camped for a month on a bike trip with far less.

Happy travels!!!
03-15-2018 07:20 PM
CaptainChris Offline
Break-In Period

Wisconsin

happy & safe The ferret

pb

Peter,

As requested, here's a clean shot from the rear with all luggage in place:

Beer
03-16-2018 08:14 AM
peterbaron Online
Lives On Two Wheels

ON, Canada
(03-16-2018 08:14 AM)CaptainChris Wrote:  

happy & safe The ferret

pb

Peter,

As requested, here's a clean shot from the rear with all luggage in place:

Beer

CAPTAIN,
Clap
ThanksWorship

pb

"Drop a gear and disappear"®
'14 CB1100 DLX-#170 ® 26K kms (FOX - pleasure horse)
'14 CB1100/ABS ® 113K kms (MYSHOL - white draft horse)
'13 CB1100/c-ABS - 56K kms - sold
*Grand Chancellor*
03-16-2018 10:18 AM
Polli Offline
New To The Forum

Italia
Ehi Captain,
would you mind to post some instructions on how to reruote the rear signal lights? I want to istall the H&B rear rack and side carriers, but i don't understand how to make the side carriers fit with the rear signal lights...
Polli
03-31-2018 08:29 AM
CaptainChris Offline
Break-In Period

Wisconsin
(03-31-2018 08:29 AM)Polli Wrote:  Ehi Captain,
would you mind to post some instructions on how to reruote the rear signal lights? I want to istall the H&B rear rack and side carriers, but i don't understand how to make the side carriers fit with the rear signal lights...
Polli

Hi Polli,

First thing to do is remove the seat and the black box that's above the battery. The box comes loose by removing the phillips screw and pushing in the center of the pop rivet to loosen it. Underneath this box is a clear boot housing a number of electrical connectors. The small orange and blue ones are for the turn signals. Unclip these connectors and feed them back through the cable management towards the tail of the bike. Take off the stock grab rails and unbolt the turn signals from them. With the wires disconnected it should be easy to completely take them off. With this done, you can install the rear rack and side carriers following the instructions from H&B. Once everything is in place and the turn signals are mounted on the relocation brackets, you're ready to feed the wires back and reconnect them. The routing for the left signal will be the same as it originally was. The routing for the right turn signal will be a little different as there isn't enough slack to place it the same as it was before. From the corner you feed it in through, you'll cut diagonally across the rear fender to the point where the cables feed down towards the boot. It's a tight fit to get the connector back in the boot but with some patience and a few deep breaths it's not to terrible. Let me know if you need a visual of this and I can snap a few pictures.
04-03-2018 06:17 AM
B401 Offline
Break-In Period

Belgium
(04-03-2018 06:17 AM)CaptainChris Wrote:  
(03-31-2018 08:29 AM)Polli Wrote:  Ehi Captain,
Polli

Hi Polli,

First thing to do is remove the seat and the black box that's above the battery. The box comes loose by removing the phillips screw and pushing in the center of the pop rivet to loosen it. Underneath this box is a clear boot housing a number of electrical connectors. The small orange and blue ones are for the turn signals. Unclip these connectors and feed them back through the cable management towards the tail of the bike. Take off the stock grab rails and unbolt the turn signals from them. With the wires disconnected it should be easy to completely take them off. With this done, you can install the rear rack and side carriers following the instructions from H&B. Once everything is in place and the turn signals are mounted on the relocation brackets, you're ready to feed the wires back and reconnect them. The routing for the left signal will be the same as it originally was. The routing for the right turn signal will be a little different as there isn't enough slack to place it the same as it was before. From the corner you feed it in through, you'll cut diagonally across the rear fender to the point where the cables feed down towards the boot. It's a tight fit to get the connector back in the boot but with some patience and a few deep breaths it's not to terrible. Let me know if you need a visual of this and I can snap a few pictures.

Hi Captain, hi Polli,

Yes, a visual would be fine as an extra visual double check, if you don't mind. I'm about to install the side carriers on my CB11, maybe I'll have to purchase the rear carrier as well, as I don't know if the H&B side carriers will be easy to combine with the already pre-installed Honda OEM rear carrier that came with my new (second hand) bike. Just have it for a week now, so currently I'm getting all parts together.
I still have an older set of the Junior 40 cases (that I used on my CB750) that should be good to go.

Many thanks for your time and effort!
all very best,
bram.

[i]I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move. [/i] (Robert Louis Stevenson)

Honda CB1100 EX (2014)
[size=xx-small][size=xx-small]ex Honda CB Seven Fifty (F2) (1992 + 1993), ex Honda CM125 Custom (1991)[/size][/size]
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2018 01:30 PM by B401.)
04-03-2018 01:29 PM
Terri740 Offline
New To The Forum

LEDlighting. Headlight and tail light
I want to change my headlight and tail light to LED. But not sure which one I can change it to. Can you recommend what works and is bright.
Mine is a 2013 cb1100

Terri
04-15-2018 07:47 PM
CaptainChris Offline
Break-In Period

Wisconsin
RE: LEDlighting. Headlight and tail light
(04-15-2018 07:47 PM)Terri740 Wrote:  I want to change my headlight and tail light to LED. But not sure which one I can change it to. Can you recommend what works and is bright.
Mine is a 2013 cb1100

Terri

Terri,

Here's the solution I went with for the headlight. Install was very simple and I'm really happy with the results. The light is brighter than stock and with the lower power usage I'm planning to add some additional lights to my crash bars. I haven't gotten around to my tail lights yet though. Hopefully someone else on here will be able to assist you with that.

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread....=motodemic

Let me know if you have any questions.
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2018 08:52 AM by CaptainChris.)
04-16-2018 08:50 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
Mr. P: Sounds like another situation th . . .GoldOxide — 05:42 AM
peterbaron — 05:37 AM