Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Another Seth Laam seat
Mscb1100 Offline
Running Like a Top

Birmingham, AL
RE: Another Seth Laam seat
(02-15-2018 06:22 AM)infinite_ideation Wrote:  I sent them a message on FB attempting to get in contact but never heard back from them. Not sure how often they check. I love your seat and design. The only gripe I have with his design is (personal opinion please don't shoot me) that they use A LOT of chevron stitching. If I could get your seat with diamond stitching, it'd be HEAVEN for me.

Are you allowed to disclose what you paid out the door? I saw that they had some pricing on their website, but with the seat addon, it would be nice knowing what ballpark to expect.

Seth is very slow to respond to phone calls and never responded to my Facebook request,
The first time he called me was over six weeks from when I filled out his seat form.
That being said, when the production date rolled around, he called me and asked very good questions about what I wanted.
He was extremely polite and sincere in his quest to build a seat perfect for me.
I had mailed my seatpan the day before Warman, yet got my seat a month ago, so he must be getting lots of orders each day
While the seat is much better than stock, the gap between the nose and tank looks bad. I was very surprised in that other seats for cb11 don’t have a gap and I had sent 2 photos with my build sheet showing the non gap seat, saying this is what I want.
I ll probably come out ahead by having a local shop recover the seat and fill in the gap rather than paying shipping cost
To be fair, I should call Seth and if he would pay 1/2 the shipping and repair it and ship back the same day, I d think that was fair,
Stitching, foam density and workmanship were very, very good.
My seat looks just like Warman’s

Looks fast sitting still
02-15-2018 07:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CA200 Offline
High Mileage

Madison Wi.
The Russell seat I bought from another member is this shape and like you I find I
have to slide forward when I stop but that works just fine.
02-15-2018 08:22 AM
Houtman Offline
Been There

NC USA
I found the gaps on my Corbin seats very good compared with the stock seats.
02-15-2018 08:39 AM
warman Offline
1st Service Completed

SE Texas
(02-15-2018 06:22 AM)infinite_ideation Wrote:  I sent them a message on FB attempting to get in contact but never heard back from them. Not sure how often they check. I love your seat and design. The only gripe I have with his design is (personal opinion please don't shoot me) that they use A LOT of chevron stitching. If I could get your seat with diamond stitching, it'd be HEAVEN for me.

Are you allowed to disclose what you paid out the door? I saw that they had some pricing on their website, but with the seat addon, it would be nice knowing what ballpark to expect.

With shipping it was right at $450. I believe he charged me extra because it was a Corbin seat I sent him.

He answered the quote request the day after I sent it in. But it was almost three months from the day I mailed it to the day I got it back. But I still have the stock seat so it wasn’t all that bad for me.

The fit around the gas tank is my only complaint. But I’m not going to spend another $70 in shipping to try to get it fixed. I already have way too much money in that seat. All in all, I am pleased and would do it all over again.
02-15-2018 09:11 AM
warman Offline
1st Service Completed

SE Texas
Update

First off, I don’t ride that much. I’m about at the one year mark and don’t have fifteen hundred miles yet.

About half my miles are on the Laam seat. My longest ride has been an hour and a half and still no pain from the seat. So overall I’m pretty satisfied.

The extra inch in height (might be closer to two) has really changed the feel of the bike. I had hoped I’d get used to it but I haven’t. The reach to the bars is different and I can say I don’t like it.

I’m trying to decide now if I should wait before I try risers. Not sure if I’ve given the seat enough time to break in.
04-15-2018 04:42 PM
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
Make one change to the rider triangle ( seat, bars, pegs) and it changes the relationship with the other two. Hip angles change, knee angles change, one may get bigger and the other smaller. As you found out raising just the seat opens up the knee angle but closes up the hip angle. Your only solution at this point is bar risers to re-open the hip angle.

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
04-16-2018 05:15 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
That is a very good story, Ferret. In . . .The ferret — 03:58 PM