RE: 2018 Goldwing accessories
Or you could travel in your car !
02-26-2018 02:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Acrobat Offline
1st Service Completed

Chios, Greece
(02-26-2018 01:13 PM)Cormanus Wrote:  Won't be long before Wings come equipped with a screen so the passenger can watch movies!

Hope you get your ride in tomorrow, Razor.

And not long after that , four wheels....Sad
02-26-2018 02:37 PM
Nortoon Offline
High Mileage

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
(02-26-2018 10:00 AM)The ferret Wrote:  Penny would flip out if she rode on the back of one of the newer Wings. Queens perch. With backrest, blue tooth music, intercom, heated seat, arm rests, passenger floorboards lol

There was a large square quilted backrest on the trunk of the Aspencade. Her throne had a cupped quilted seat and lip for the small of her back.

There were no drop down armrests. But in their place were two handy pockets for girly stuff. She couldn't go anywhere without lipstick and a hair brush. I don't how many times I had to re-adjust the mirrors after a stop.

Our sleeping bags strapped to the chrome racks on top of the saddle bags were big and comfy arm rests that held her in place. One morning about half an hour out of town a friend pulled up beside me and pointed to the back. I looked in the mirrors and she was fast asleep. Now that's comfy!

There was an AM/FM radio and CB.
There may have been a cassette player as well.
Our helmets had speakers and mikes.
If you spoke, the music would mute and you could talk to each other.
A lot better than being pounded on the back and yelled at.
If a CB call came in, the music would mute.
Both of us had a button to push if we wished to respond.

The CB paid for itself in Indiana on our way to the Lake of the Ozarks. Our group of Wings was flying along at 85 MPH. We heard a trucker mention us speeding to another. The other came back saying their was a County Mounty ahead that would deal with us. We immediately rolled off the throttle. It wasn't long before we noticed an unmarked cruiser on top of the next exit ramp. He followed us until the next overpass exit. At that time CB were rare equipment on motorcycles, so we always stayed tune to the truckers channel. They were handy for bike to bike chat as well.

Both of us had after market floorboards. I kept scraping mine on the back roads and removed them. A lot of bikers thought that Wings couldn't corner, but were surprized when we silently whooshed by them.

The things I liked most about the Wing. Smooth, strong, quiet and reliable motor. No wind noise or buffeting. Incredible air suspension that could be adjusted on the fly. Comfortable seats that allowed you ride for hours. Truly the "Cadillac of Motorcycles".

2017 CB1100 EX
02-26-2018 03:33 PM
Olyrider Offline
Running Like a Top

Pacific NorthWet
just like Ferret, I own an ST1300.

When I visited my dealer on Saturday, he hated me up about the new Wing. He went so far as to say it handles better than an ST1300.

I told him "If that's the case, then they should make a cop version."

He said "They are working on it, and they will."

Around here, both the locals and the State Patrol ride ST1300s, and this is the shop that does most of the maintenance on them.

Olyrider

Ob-la-di...Ob-la-da
02-26-2018 09:01 PM
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
wow Olyrider, maybe they know how to really bleed the brakes on an ST then. That would be so nice! It's been hit and miss with my shop.

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
02-26-2018 09:37 PM
Razor Offline
Running Like a Top

Lawton, Michigan
(02-26-2018 09:37 PM)The ferret Wrote:  wow Olyrider, maybe they know how to really bleed the brakes on an ST then. That would be so nice! It's been hit and miss with my shop.

You’re going to think this is weird.
ST on center stand. Squeeze the front brake lever, semi-Hard, hold it in place by wrapping a small bungee cord. For the next step you’ll need a weight or some sort “weights” to hang from the rear brake pedal. Needs to be heavy enough to keep the pedal down. Carefully open the tops of the master cylinder, and leave loose.
By this time you’re thinking... Rays off his rocker!
Consider that braking system in general have gotten very sophisticated & complicated. The process mentioned above allows minute air bubbles to rise and exit through the compensating port of the master cylinders. This will take about 24hrs.

Fairly simple to do, doesn’t cost anything, and there’s a good chance your brakes will feel better Big Grin

-Ray

2014 Honda CB1100, Std
1971 Honda CB175
1975 Honda CB750
1972 Honda CB350 Resto-mod-cafe
2018 Honda Goldwing, Tour, DCT
2019 Honda Monkey
1974 Yamaha RD350
02-27-2018 07:43 AM
Django Offline
Road Warrior

Germany
That's what I do too, when there is still air in the fluid after bleeding for some reason.

The pressure in the brake fluid produced by pulling and fixing the lever causes the air bubbles to shrink a little and thus find their way easily thru the system up to the reservoir.

73 Django -- [url=http://www.ironbutt.com]IBA[/url] #59882 -- [url=https://djangotours.wordpress.com]Django Tours[/url] -- [url=http://1asw.de/~rsz/bilder/ES-I64/15-34-0832.jpg]Django on CB1100[/url]
This message was signaled with a flashlight into the end of a fiber.
02-27-2018 07:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Razor Offline
Running Like a Top

Lawton, Michigan
Was able to get out yesterday, get fuel and do a 52 mike run.

44deg outside with winds gusting to 30mph.

- grip & seat heaters set half way. Lots of heat. I think on high; we’re talk’n George Foreman Grill.
- transmission shifts smoothly and very quickly. 1st, 2nd & 3rd go by just as take off. With moderate throttle; you’re in 7th gear by 45mph. No problems, just different and takes some getting use to.
- I found myself reaching for the clutch lever and my left foot never found the shift lever.
- only used the Tour mode and set for driver only. This thing rides like a Cadillac. Specifically took on some rough roads doing 55-70mph. Watching the tie rods on the front suspension is way cool. Unbelievable how easy it absorbs the bumps.
- I’m 5’8” and the seat, handle bar position and foot pegs all felt right. For extended trips; some sort of highway pegs would be nice.
- engine is throaty-er than you might think. Nice sounds, but not too much.
- after reading of others complaining of the 3-2-1 downshift at slow speeds; I noticed it wasn’t nearly as smooth as up shifts, but didn’t think it was too bad.
- windshield and side deflectors are awesome. Raising the windshield a bit took what little wind buffeting off the top of my helmet. Very comfortable.

That’s it for now. Might take it out again this afternoon, and report back.

(02-27-2018 07:55 AM)Django Wrote:  That's what I do too, when there is still air in the fluid after bleeding for some reason.

The pressure in the brake fluid produced by pulling and fixing the lever causes the air bubbles to shrink a little and thus find their way easily thru the system up to the reservoir.

Glad to hear I’m only a little crazy Tongue Big Grin

-Ray

2014 Honda CB1100, Std
1971 Honda CB175
1975 Honda CB750
1972 Honda CB350 Resto-mod-cafe
2018 Honda Goldwing, Tour, DCT
2019 Honda Monkey
1974 Yamaha RD350
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2018 08:06 AM by Razor.)
02-27-2018 08:03 AM
Acrobat Offline
1st Service Completed

Chios, Greece
(02-27-2018 07:55 AM)Django Wrote:  That's what I do too, when there is still air in the fluid after bleeding for some reason.

If we are talking about ABS breakes its a different story. You must also modulate the hydraulic unit. When i was working at BMW , i used Modic ( electronic diagnostic tool ) to activate the solenoids of the hydraulic unit during bleeding. Same when changing fluids on automatic transmissions when also monitoring the fluid temperature.

Oh no..is this a thread drift? SorryBig Grin
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2018 01:32 PM by Acrobat.)
02-27-2018 01:14 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Tire Options for our CB1100
This explains why I liked the T32s then. . . .misterprofessionality — 08:52 AM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
Rode the Yami over to a friends bike sho . . .Charlie Bravo — 08:29 AM
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
That's cool, Tev! Somehow, when my p . . .peterbaron — 05:38 AM
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
That's cool, Tev! Somehow, when my pho . . .Tev62 — 03:36 AM
Tire Options for our CB1100
You might like to play with the front pr . . .Tev62 — 03:09 AM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles . . .GoldOxide — 07:46 PM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
... That looks like it was comforting, . . .pdedse — 05:17 PM
Todays weather
That’s the spirit, peterbaron! Keep th . . .Cormanus — 03:34 PM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,517
» Latest member: keedonald
» Forum threads: 15,974
» Forum posts: 329,751

Full Statistics

>