Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
'80 CB900 Turn Signals
ColdSteel Offline
New To The Forum

Minnesota
'80 CB900 Turn Signals
Hey all,

I am brand new here and looking for help. I recently purchased a 1980 CB900 which was in fantastic shape, But... the headlight was HORRIBLE at night. Being concerned about safety, I purchased a new LED headlight replacement. The install went super easy, plugged right in to the factory harness and worked perfectly. Except now the turn signals dont function properly. They do turn on, but either just stay on steady burn, or blink VERY slowly. Now I am somewhat familiar with 12v electrical systems, and I would assume there is not enough resistance from the headlight being LED and that is causing the problem with the turn signals? Either way, I am unsure of how to rectify the problem, and dont want to go poking around if I dont have to. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again!

-ColdSteel-Thanks
01-08-2018 08:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Arctic cb1100 Offline
1st Service Completed

Alaska
'80 CB900 Turn Signals
Hi Coldsteel and welcome to the forum yes your right about the resistance issue being caused by the led head light it's the same issue created when you attempt to put led turn signals on older bikes from my experience with both my 78 kz650 and my 94 nighthawk simply changing the turn signal flasher relay to a digital one will resolve your troubles you can pick up digital flashers at about any local auto parts store both if mine are the old style two prong flashersİmageİmage

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
01-12-2018 12:03 AM
ColdSteel Offline
New To The Forum

Minnesota
RE: '80 CB900 Turn Signals
(01-12-2018 12:03 AM)Arctic cb1100 Wrote:  Hi Coldsteel and welcome to the forum yes your right about the resistance issue being caused by the led head light it's the same issue created when you attempt to put led turn signals on older bikes from my experience with both my 78 kz650 and my 94 nighthawk simply changing the turn signal flasher relay to a digital one will resolve your troubles you can pick up digital flashers at about any local auto parts store both if mine are the old style two prong flashersİmageİmage

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Artic,

Thanks for the information! I really appreciate it! I will be heading to the store to find one today.

-ColdSteel-
01-14-2018 10:52 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
Talk about dreaming of owning somethin . . .GoldOxide — 03:09 PM
Todays weather
And … ?Cormanus — 03:07 PM