Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Practical Sportsbikes Feature
beardyweirdy@me.com Offline
Running Like a Top

London
RE: Practical Sportsbikes Feature
(01-19-2018 06:13 PM)PowerDubs Wrote:  Bike looks great!!

I see the header has been changed, and the dynojet control boxes. Did you do anything to the intake side of the engine?

(12-16-2017 08:48 AM)The ferret Wrote:  wow 98 hp I think would be the highest CB we have recorded on this forum, and that's a ton more torque too.

Those are crank #'s listed- not at the wheels as more typically quoted in the U.S. after a dyno run.

Yep, it's got both the TSR Air Intake Funnel and the TSR Air Funnel Kit, which involves opening up the injector air inlets by 10mm.

The figures I quoted are rear wheel figures form a Dyno run.

I've since put a Dynojet O2 Wide Band Commander on the bike and run it as an Autotune. I put AFR figures in the 0-2% region as well and the ruling is perfect.

(01-19-2018 06:24 PM)CBhooligan Wrote:  Lovely CB! 78 lbs of torque is very nice.

(01-19-2018 06:13 PM)PowerDubs Wrote:  Bike looks great!!

I see the header has been changed, and the dynojet control boxes. Did you do anything to the intake side of the engine?

(12-16-2017 08:48 AM)The ferret Wrote:  wow 98 hp I think would be the highest CB we have recorded on this forum, and that's a ton more torque too.

Those are crank #'s listed- not at the wheels as more typically quoted in the U.S. after a dyno run.

Arrow headers?

Thanks,
Yep Arrow Cat Free headers with a single Over can. Takashi sold me a single one as they usually come as a pair. Sounds lovely, not too loud but a great snarl.
Yep bags of Torque everywhere. Alan the journalist who test road the bike though it had more than that. I think it's just that it all comes on from so low in the revs. Really sweet feeling. It's got a real character.... the O2 Commander really helped the low rev fuelling. Great pick up.

(01-19-2018 08:10 PM)DAC Wrote:  And with that header, how exactly do you get the oil filter off?

You can't see from any of the angles but it's accessible with the headers in place. So remove as per usual.

My issue with the headers is that I think they are messy looking. Especially the 4-2-1 assembly. If I had endless cash I'd like a nice neat set from Samurider. There are some lovely neat bent pipes on there. For me, in Europe, the Arrow was a good deal and did the trick tho. Works well.
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2018 05:21 PM by beardyweirdy@me.com.)
01-20-2018 05:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PowerDubs Offline
Road Warrior

NWNJ
The mag picture says BHP which means at the engine, not the wheel.

98whp would be somewhere between 115-120 actual engine output.

104whp / 75wtq ... for now.
01-20-2018 05:47 PM
Running Like a Top

London
(01-20-2018 05:47 PM)PowerDubs Wrote:  The mag picture says BHP which means at the engine, not the wheel.

98whp would be somewhere between 115-120 actual engine output.

Roger that Josh, I didn't know BHP meant at the engine... well, either way its a cuss load more ponies than it did have!

The figures I gave should have said 'at the wheel HP' - is that correct?
01-21-2018 04:51 AM
PowerDubs Offline
Road Warrior

NWNJ
Typically WHP

On a car they may use RWHP, AWHP...rear wheel, all wheel...

01-21-2018 03:29 PM
Aussieflyer Offline
Running Like a Top

Melbourne Australia
Beardy your bike is simply stunning, well done mate. I'm looking forward to your write up when you get a chance to do it. I'm also keen to see the details on your PCV and AutoTune. I've put one on my bike and still in the process of building the fuel map with each ride ... maybe we can share maps?

Perhaps one of our forum guardian angels could add a new sticky thread where we can upload and download PCV fuel maps - please guys.
01-27-2018 08:01 AM
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
That shouldn’t be a problem. I’ll send you a PM.
01-28-2018 01:11 PM
Running Like a Top

London
(01-27-2018 08:01 AM)Aussieflyer Wrote:  Beardy your bike is simply stunning, well done mate. I'm looking forward to your write up when you get a chance to do it. I'm also keen to see the details on your PCV and AutoTune. I've put one on my bike and still in the process of building the fuel map with each ride ... maybe we can share maps?

Perhaps one of our forum guardian angels could add a new sticky thread where we can upload and download PCV fuel maps - please guys.

Thanks man!
I will get round to writing it all up as soon as I get a bit of free time. I'm a bit busy at both ends at the mo...
I'm still working out the Auto Tune and don't fully understand the whole business, but I'll have a go and maybe we can work it out between us.
01-29-2018 04:10 AM
Ulvetanna Away
Road Warrior

USA
(01-29-2018 04:10 AM)beardyweirdy@me.com Wrote:  
(01-27-2018 08:01 AM)Aussieflyer Wrote:  Beardy your bike is simply stunning, well done mate. I'm looking forward to your write up when you get a chance to do it. I'm also keen to see the details on your PCV and AutoTune. I've put one on my bike and still in the process of building the fuel map with each ride ... maybe we can share maps?

Thanks man!
I will get round to writing it all up as soon as I get a bit of free time. I'm a bit busy at both ends at the mo...
I'm still working out the Auto Tune and don't fully understand the whole business, but I'll have a go and maybe we can work it out between us.
Same here, bro. Let's hear ALL ABOUT IT!Thumbs UpThumbs UpBig Grin
01-29-2018 09:40 AM
PowerDubs Offline
Road Warrior

NWNJ
I've had an Arrow header, TSR intake, PC-V and auto tune box, and my self-modified velocity stacks all sitting on my workbench for over a year.

I need to find a local shop capable of doing a quality stainless weld for the O2 bung.

How does the exhaust sound with no cat?

I know on cars it can become quite raspy and sound ratty. (bad, in a bad way- not bad a** in a good way)

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2018 06:47 PM by The ferret.)
01-29-2018 06:03 PM
Running Like a Top

London
Alan, the Jurno for the piece, commented that it sounded 'Ace' with which I'd have to agree.
Sound is full and rich but howls when you pin it. Mine has an Over end can on, from Samurider. I did try it with the Arrow end can but I didn't like it so much. Especially with the Db killer removed... to loud, to 'try hard' if you know what I mean... Also, the Over can suits the bike more. Arrow now do a sleeker end can, that might suit better but, my spending days on this bike are coming to a close....

Also, It's been my experience that you need to seal the Arrow headers nicely, for two reasons.
Firstly, there are a lot of connections and you can get a bit of buzzing and rattling if you don't make sure it's all lined up nicely, flush fitting and held together with some sort of jointing compound.

Secondly, you need to stop it pulling any air into the 'pipe if your using an O2 sensor. It's confuse the Autotune if the mixture in the pipe is weekend buy air entering the system.

Worth a note, when you do seal the 'pipe with jointing compound, run the engine up to temp with the O2 sensor removed and the sealing bolt in it's place. Just long enough to get the sealing compound hot enough to set and blow the excess out of the back of the 'pipe. (Give it a good rev to blast it out)

Then once it's clear, pop the O2 sensor back in. If you don't you'll splatter the tip of your o2 sensor in goop and trash it....

Seems I do know something about this game... I really should write al this up some day ;-)

Also, Also... I used Holts Fire Gum to seal the header joints, and new Gaskets. The Holts Fire Gum is good stuff but quite runny. This means that it does get right into the join but is a bit splatter when you first fire it up.
Just though, you could heat the joints with a blow lamp to set them, which might help....
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2018 03:04 AM by beardyweirdy@me.com.)
01-30-2018 02:46 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
What did you do to/with your other bike?
:blush:Lord Popgun — 05:28 PM
What did you do on, or to, your CB today?
I put Spring air in my bike tires… : . . .Nachodaddy — 04:46 PM
Nice bike Gold! My first bike was a . . .GoldOxide — 04:34 PM
Nice bike Gold! My first bike was almos . . .Lord Popgun — 03:56 PM
What did you do on, or to, your CB today?
I put Spring air in my bike tires… :DLord Popgun — 03:55 PM
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
There could always be worse headlines . . .Gone in 60 — 03:10 PM
Todays weather
Today was overcast and it reached about . . .GoldOxide — 02:53 PM
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
That is very pretty! I'm a bit chal . . .GoldOxide — 02:46 PM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,531
» Latest member: Tom the mod
» Forum threads: 15,992