Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LED Headlights
Spiderwatts Offline
Break-In Period

Louisiana
RE: LED Headlights
(12-07-2017 12:01 PM)Mscb1100 Wrote:  
(12-07-2017 03:48 AM)Spiderwatts Wrote:  Since I am throwing money in the wind, (does it ever stop?Wink, I have the Comet 2 fairing on the way. Does anyone have experience with one of these plug and play LED light/shells AND using the Comet fairing?
I apologize for the late post, I seem to be alone on the forum at this hour, but just finished working and one of my highlights of the day is checking my motorcycle forums and motorcycle daily internet site.
Even after all these years of riding I still get excited reading, learning, and riding bikes. The internet makes things so much easier and informative from the past. We definitely live in the best of times.
I wish all you fellow forum members lived here in God’ s country( Louisiana) so you could ride nearly year round or meet up with me to ride or chew the fat, or have a high ball or two while telling tales of travel or bikes. Take care fellow CB1100 riders. Especially the standard 6 speeds in black. They are the fastest.

I'm in Jackson, MS area, are you around south LA (N O or BR) those aren't too far away from me, I usually work around north LA in Monroe 3-4 times per month and is only 2 hours away.
Would love to meet up somewhere to go for a ride and or coffe

Howdy Mississippi Rider!
I’d love to have a highball or coffee with you.
I live in Bossier City, LA
We are about 5-6 hour ride apart.
I think I jinxed myself bragging about riding here in “God’s Country” nearly year round. It was 23 here last night and I froze off my family jewels on ride home.
I guess those Yankees might be right to stop riding when it gets that cold especially if there is snow on road. Guess I’ll keep my big mouth shut.
Send me an email or direct message and we can meet sometime to visit and admire our black CB1100’s. They are the best looking ones by far and the fastest! Wink
12-10-2017 02:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mscb1100 Offline
Running Like a Top

Birmingham, AL
Spiderwatts

Is this one of those high school math problems where two trains leave different stations at different speeds and you have to figure where they will hit each other . I say that in jest because we’re only 210 miles apart in a straight line on I 20.and like the song says “I can’t drive 55”

Looks fast sitting still
12-10-2017 06:40 AM
Spiderwatts Offline
Break-In Period

Louisiana
(12-10-2017 06:40 AM)Mscb1100 Wrote:  Spiderwatts

Is this one of those high school math problems where two trains leave different stations at different speeds and you have to figure where they will hit each other . I say that in jest because we’re only 210 miles apart in a straight line on I 20.and like the song says “I can’t drive 55”

Well, between the massive Law Enforcement presence with Troop G and Troop F along with several Sheriffs office hiding spots between Bossier City and Rayville you need to keep it at 70ish. If you hit the newer smooth parts you will be fine but the rougher sections will help remove your kidney stones. Add in a stop or two for gas and a drink, etc. and you can count on at least 5 hours. However, if you are Scarlet Johansson I could probably make it in 3 hours.

(12-07-2017 08:52 PM)The ferret Wrote:  Im usually getting up at 5:48 am ( for the second or third pee lol).

So spiderwatts ..you check motorcycledaily.com eh? Post over there under what? I'm one of the regulars over there as are several other forum members here. I post under mickey (small m)

Yes I have same username at Motorcycle.com
I try not to read the comments too much as they are usually whiny nitpickers about every motorcycle introduced and likely ride very little or at all anymore. A bunch of coddled baby boomers who think the world revolves around them.
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2017 11:55 AM by Spiderwatts.)
12-10-2017 11:51 AM
Mscb1100 Offline
Running Like a Top

Birmingham, AL
(12-10-2017 11:51 AM)Spiderwatts Wrote:  
(12-10-2017 06:40 AM)Mscb1100 Wrote:  Spiderwatts

Well, between the massive Law Enforcement presence with Troop G and Troop F along with several Sheriffs office hiding spots between Bossier City and Rayville you need to keep it at 70ish. If you hit the newer smooth parts you will be fine but the rougher sections will help remove your kidney stones. Add in a stop or two for gas and a drink, etc. and you can count on at least 5 hours. However, if you are Scarlet Johansson I could probably make it in 3 hours.

(12-07-2017 08:52 PM)The ferret Wrote:  Im usually getting up at 5:48 am ( for the second or third pee lol).

So spiderwatts ..you check motorcycledaily.com eh? Post over there under what? I'm one of the regulars over there as are several other forum members here. I post under mickey (small m)

Yes I have same username at Motorcycle.com
I try not to read the comments too much as they are usually whiny nitpickers about every motorcycle introduced and likely ride very little or at all anymore. A bunch of coddled baby boomers who think the world revolves around them.

Spiderwatts

The Ms in Mscb1100 is for Mississippi/// trust me— I’m about as far sex and size wise as possible from SJ. Funny you brought her up, I just watched her in Lucy on Hulu yesterday

Looks fast sitting still
12-10-2017 12:54 PM
Spiderwatts Offline
Break-In Period

Louisiana
Spiderwatts

The Ms in Mscb1100 is for Mississippi/// trust me— I’m about as far sex and size wise as possible from SJ. Funny you brought her up, I just watched her in Lucy on Hulu yesterday
[/quote]

Roger that. The spider name was given to me years ago at a HOG rally by a nurse after she kept changing my bandages from a brown recluse bite I got during a poker game.

I’ll be glad to meet you somewhere halfway. If you’re up for it in future, there are some great riding roads in SW Arkansas (mountains...at least I consider them mountains compared to our pancake flat area here). That might be too long for a day ride but just a thought.
12-10-2017 01:11 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Tire Options for our CB1100
You might like to play with the front pr . . .Tev62 — 03:09 AM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles . . .GoldOxide — 07:46 PM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
... That looks like it was comforting, . . .pdedse — 05:17 PM
Todays weather
That’s the spirit, peterbaron! Keep th . . .Cormanus — 03:34 PM
What a fun trip! Didn't know they made a . . .Gone in 60 — 03:16 PM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles o . . .peterbaron — 03:12 PM
Great pics, pdedse.Cormanus — 02:55 PM
The Cormanus Chronicles: Remembering Jake an...
I’m sure contemporary rollers have som . . .Cormanus — 02:53 PM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,517
» Latest member: keedonald
» Forum threads: 15,975
» Forum posts: 329,751

Full Statistics

>