Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HIBERNATION
Nortoon Offline
High Mileage

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
RE: HIBERNATION
Fortunately I have other interests that help me pass the winter.

I have large scale trains that friends and I run outdoors during the summer. In the winter I install a lithium-ion batteries, radio control and sound in them. These projects can burn up more time than a computer.

There is a nature trail along the Jock River near my home that I walk every day possible in the winter. Fresh air, sunshine and exercise keeps the winter blues at bay.

Winter is also the time I spend overhauling my fishing gear. Lubing the reels and changing the line if needed. Removing the lures that fish found unattractive, and cleaning or replacing the ones that did.

Christmas is a great excuse to buy motorcycle accessories. Perhaps this winter this old tight wad will spring for a rear rack and engine guards.

And finally winter is hockey season, Canada's favourite pastime. A thousand TV channels not worth watching, except for the sport channels.

2017 CB1100 EX
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2017 08:59 AM by Nortoon.)
11-07-2017 08:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cormanus Online

Queensland, Australia
Django, thank you for the kind words. They’re appreciated, particularly when the quality control of that post was so poor that I missed a critical word. I, on the other hand, am full of awe with your ability to speak at least two languages and of your remarkable ability in the second of them.

Peterbaron, let me know if your trip to Australia comes off. Family commitments often take me away in August and I’m 1000 kms north of Sydney. But if I’m here it would be good to see if we could meet up.
11-07-2017 04:49 PM
peterbaron Online
Lives On Two Wheels

ON, Canada
(11-07-2017 04:49 PM)Cormanus Wrote:  Django, thank you for the kind words. They’re appreciated, particularly when the quality control of that post was so poor that I missed a critical word. I, on the other hand, am full of awe with your ability to speak at least two languages and of your remarkable ability in the second of them.

Peterbaron, let me know if your trip to Australia comes off. Family commitments often take me away in August and I’m 1000 kms north of Sydney. But if I’m here it would be good to see if we could meet up.

THANK YOU, for the invitation...perhaps two continents can come to see each other..
...and .. if you will be in Canada (my area)..you are very welcome in my houseBeerHello...before I become toooo old...ROFL
Regards,
pb

"Drop a gear and disappear"®
'14 CB1100 DLX-#170 ® 26K kms (FOX - pleasure horse)
'14 CB1100/ABS ® 113K kms (MYSHOL - white draft horse)
'13 CB1100/c-ABS - 56K kms - sold
*Grand Chancellor*
11-08-2017 04:50 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Todays weather
Weather is pretty consistent now. The c . . .GoldOxide — 02:59 PM
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition