Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HIBERNATION
peterbaron Online
Lives On Two Wheels

ON, Canada
Sad HIBERNATION
I REGRETAngry to inform all bikers that my CB already is in a sleeping mode until spring 2018.
It was a very poor season, with only 7ooo km Confused and I anxiously am looking forward to my 2018 European adventureBanana

pb

"Drop a gear and disappear"®
'14 CB1100 DLX-#170 ® 26K kms (FOX - pleasure horse)
'14 CB1100/ABS ® 113K kms (MYSHOL - white draft horse)
'13 CB1100/c-ABS - 56K kms - sold
*Grand Chancellor*
11-06-2017 06:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
RE: HIBERNATION
That is so sad looking.

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
11-06-2017 07:54 PM
LongRanger Offline
Been There

Evergreen, CO
Mine are worse -- they stand there shivering all winter without a blanket. The faint green glow of the Battery Tender gives me some comfort that they're cared for and safely tucked in, but it's a pathetic sight.

Ride more. Worry less. Tongue
‘12 BMW R1200R Classic
'15 BMW R1200RT
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2017 08:09 PM by LongRanger.)
11-06-2017 08:08 PM
Nortoon Offline
High Mileage

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I removed the dust cover today, and started winter maintenance:
Added stabilizer to a full tank of gas.
Oil and filter changed.
Cleaned and waxed the chain.

Tomorrow the battery will be removed and set on a warm shelf in the basement.
At 40F degrees it’s too cold to give Miss Piggy a bath.
But I may try to polish the dried bugs off the headers.

Everything else will have to wait until spring.
Bought the 2017 Edition of the Honda Service Manual.
So lots of reading to do over the winter before I tackle anything else.
At my age I would have preferred not to do the maintenance.
But I have not been impressed with my Dealer’s Service Department.
As my dad used to say, “If you want a job done right, you have to do it yourself.”

2017 CB1100 EX
11-06-2017 09:39 PM
Rocky Offline
Been There

Nova Scotia, Canada
It's that time of year for me too.

Still rockin', rollin', and ridin' after all these years
'67 BSA 441 VR, '70 Triumph Tiger 100, '02 Honda CB900F, '06 Triumph T100 Bonneville, '14 Honda CB1100A
11-07-2017 03:03 AM
Bar None Offline
Break-In Period

WNC SWFL
I'm in SW Florida for the winter and W North Carolina for the summer so I can ride all year.

Vince
2014 Honda CB1100 Custom
2015 Ural cT
11-07-2017 03:11 AM
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
Dear Canadian brothers (and sisters if there are any lurking),

I've always wanted to visit your country. It appears there are many parts that are stunningly beautiful and that there are lots of interesting things to do. I also suspect there is much my country can learn from yours—but that's a conversation for another time and place.

Living as I do in a country where all-year round is possible—except perhaps for our Antarctic territories where all-year round non riding is the norm—I'd like to offer you my condolences for the sadness of having to put your bikes to bed for months on end. I suppose the consolation is that we can look forward to lots of thoughtful and conversation provoking posts on this forum while you have lots of spare time.

Best wishes
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2017 04:12 AM by Cormanus.)
11-07-2017 04:11 AM
Rocky Offline
Been There

Nova Scotia, Canada
(11-07-2017 04:11 AM)Cormanus Wrote:  Dear Canadian brothers (and sisters if there are any lurking),

I've always wanted to visit your country. It appears there are many parts that are stunningly beautiful and that there are lots of interesting things to do. I also suspect there is much my country can learn from yours—but that's a conversation for another time and place.

Living as I do in a country where all-year round is possible—except perhaps for our Antarctic territories where all-year round non riding is the norm—I'd like to offer you my condolences for the sadness of having to put your bikes to bed for months on end. I suppose the consolation is that we can look forward to lots of thoughtful and conversation provoking posts on this forum while you have lots of spare time.

Best wishes

ROFL Thanks for that....I think Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
I spent three weeks in your beautiful country during January and February, and had the time of my life, so I know of which you speak.
We do indeed have beautiful scenery and wonderful roads to ride, but alas, we also have a fairy brutal winter (insert weeping smilie) so no riding for nearly six months depending on location.
Since there's nothing we can do about that, we just grin and bear it until next April - and chit chat here on the forum.
Some turn to winter sports as I did as a much younger man, so for them it's just a change of hobbies, but for me and many of us, it's a long wait until April.
I have a pair of gaiters so maybe this winter I'll get busy and install them on the CB - like I should have done last winter Big Grin

Still rockin', rollin', and ridin' after all these years
'67 BSA 441 VR, '70 Triumph Tiger 100, '02 Honda CB900F, '06 Triumph T100 Bonneville, '14 Honda CB1100A
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2017 04:33 AM by Rocky.)
11-07-2017 04:30 AM
Django Offline
Road Warrior

Germany
(11-07-2017 04:11 AM)Cormanus Wrote:  Dear Canadian brothers (and sisters if there are any lurking),

Best wishes

As always I'm blown away by your excellent writing style and your sense of humor! I really envy your English.

Saying that, it's a pity for sure that you have to ride all the year, thus having so much less time for writing those brilliant posts.

Beer

73 Django -- [url=http://www.ironbutt.com]IBA[/url] #59882 -- [url=https://djangotours.wordpress.com]Django Tours[/url] -- [url=http://1asw.de/~rsz/bilder/ES-I64/15-34-0832.jpg]Django on CB1100[/url]
This message was signaled with a flashlight into the end of a fiber.
11-07-2017 05:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
peterbaron Online
Lives On Two Wheels

ON, Canada

Best wishes

Hi sunshine island habitat....

Do not provoke...LOL...
I am schedule to visit my best/longest known friend in Adelaide, travel to Sydney and Coral Sea shore in August, 2018 (was already postponed 3x. no tickets yet)...and if I see CB1100 with Cormanus plate, I will hijack it and travel around entire Australia ROFLThe ferret, make sure your tank is FULL with attached map of gas stations, please.... the rest, I'll take care of myself...no kidding ...LOL...

Cheers to all Roo RidersHello
pb

"Drop a gear and disappear"®
'14 CB1100 DLX-#170 ® 26K kms (FOX - pleasure horse)
'14 CB1100/ABS ® 113K kms (MYSHOL - white draft horse)
'13 CB1100/c-ABS - 56K kms - sold
*Grand Chancellor*
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2017 05:25 AM by peterbaron.)
11-07-2017 05:22 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
no kidding....that's just a picture too. . . .misterprofessionality — 07:34 AM
It's fun to read all these comments... . . .peterbaron — 07:18 AM