CB1100 Forum
who wears Kevlar lined jeans? - Printable Version

+- CB1100 Forum (http://cb1100forum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Riding Gear (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: who wears Kevlar lined jeans? (/showthread.php?tid=9374)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

who wears Kevlar lined jeans? - The ferret - 08-26-2016 05:17 PM

I'll confess, although I normally wear armored riding pants, it's been so stinkin' hot and humid this month I have been doing the majority of my rides in denim jeans. I like the look and practicality of jeans but the protection of riding pants. A little more protection in my jeans would be nice. Don't necessarily need armor but some abrasion resistance would be nice.

Who wears em? What kind? How much? How about a review and rating?

RE: who wears Kevlar lined jeans? - 12cb96vfr - 08-26-2016 05:28 PM

i do, i have the ones from cycle gear (bilt brand i believe) and some draggin' jeans.

the draggin jeans factory is about an hour away from me, and they sell "seconds" for 1/2 price. Those are defects, but i can honestly say ive never been able to tell on any of the ones i had. One pair had the wrong color belt loops, or at least that's what the lady said haha i can't tell.

think i paid like $70 for the bilt ones and $75 for the draggin jeans. draggin jeans are a much heavier denim so i would say their quality is better. I wear the bilt ones in the summer, draggin in the winter.

I did get to test out a pair of the bilt jeans back in 2012, i'm VERY thankful i had them on. If i had on regular jeans i probably would have been rashed up, but luckily i walked away without a scratch.

RE: who wears Kevlar lined jeans? - CIP57 - 08-26-2016 05:51 PM

I have two pairs a draging jeans and they pretty much stay in the closet Mickey. The yellow Kevlar they put in the seat-of-the-pants bunches up and it's hard to flatten out making them uncomfortable. I just can't get comfortable with them especially in the heat.

RE: who wears Kevlar lined jeans? - BestStandard - 08-26-2016 08:09 PM

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/73995/i/klim-k-fifty-1-riding-pants?SITEID=Google+SEARCH+NON-BRAND+none&P_ID=1124192140&adpos=1t3&creative=97600901813&device=t&matchtype=b&network=g&gclid=Cj0KEQjw0f-9BRCF9-D60_n4rKcBEiQAnXW4-2V_m5qkdKuI2ToUmWFsP5wr-F-Pmd1SZSuL4mpPuMcaAlj28P8HAQ

These riding jeans are super high quality. They manage to look great while still offering real protection. They even have rubber coated buttons to prevent tank scratches. Expensive but you get what you pay for!!

RE: who wears Kevlar lined jeans? - BayAreaRick - 08-26-2016 09:01 PM

^^^
Ummm, these 'jeans' are fricken $300!

RE: who wears Kevlar lined jeans? - EmptySea - 08-26-2016 09:06 PM

I'm thinking about the Scorpion Covert Pro jeans for myself. Good protection for the price and they look like they will actually fit me...unlike Dianese. The Kilm jeans are a bit out of my personal price range, but they are probably the best out there with an "American" fit.

RE: who wears Kevlar lined jeans? - Rocky - 08-27-2016 02:07 AM

I have a couple of pairs of Diamond Gusset Kevlar lined jeans that are made in the USA and made of high quality denim.
I like them because you can order your exact waist and length leg size for a good fit.
They also have a Velcro strap on the cuffs to keep you pants legs from flapping in the breeze.

RE: who wears Kevlar lined jeans? - curlyjoe - 08-27-2016 02:36 AM

I've been wearing draggin jeans without the armor. The denim is high quality and about the same weight as levis. With the kevlar sewn in they are significantly heavier that levis. I ordered the relaxed fit in the same size as my levis jeans and they run a bit bigger than levis. Next time I won't order relaxed fit since they are a bit baggy, lol. My wife says I look like a farmer with them on but I take that as a compliment. I wash them in cold water and dry them in the dryer with high heat and so far have had no problem with the kevlar bunching up. They are warmer than regular jeans and also a bit "scratchy" due to the kevlar but I've been wearing them religiously all summer long.

RE: who wears Kevlar lined jeans? - Blockhead - 08-27-2016 04:07 AM

I wear Draggin' jeans most of the time when I ride this time of year. Paid around $100 if I recall. The 'relaxed fit' does seem a little baggy but feels good while I'm in the saddle.

I've had no issues with the kevlar bunching up....I wash them in cold water and hang to dry. Thank God I haven't tested them yet...

RE: who wears Kevlar lined jeans? - MikeD - 08-27-2016 05:19 AM

I wear a pair with Kevlar in the butt and knees, and CE rated knee pads. I love the jeans, but I'm going to add a pair of armored shorts for hip and tail protection. I don't have any problem with the Kevlar bunching up either, but the knee pads do ride up on my legs occasionally.
edit: Mine are Speed and Strength brand, and cost about $150. I'm tall and lanky, and the slim fit works well. Adding the armored shorts will be around $100 more.