CB1100 Forum
Lee Parks Gloves - Printable Version

+- CB1100 Forum (http://cb1100forum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Riding Gear (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Lee Parks Gloves (/showthread.php?tid=11886)

Lee Parks Gloves - redbirds - 12-06-2017 02:18 PM

Early Christmas present from my dear wife and just in time for the winter riding season. I've wanted a pair of these gloves since seeing them at a bike show years ago. This model has a thin liner said to be good for 35* to 75* F and they are soft and supple. Fit is perfect using Lee Parks sizing guide.
http://leeparksdesign.com/deersports-pci/

RE: Lee Parks Gloves - EmptySea - 12-06-2017 02:22 PM

I have a pair, but not in the gauntlet style. I like them a lot and they work as advertised, but my hands get cold really quick when it's below that 35 degree level. Heated grips are a must at that point. Incidentally, Lee Parks himself sold me the gloves at the bike show and even autographed one of them for me.

RE: Lee Parks Gloves - LongRanger - 12-06-2017 02:30 PM

My DeerTours are going on 12 years. Best gloves I've ever owned but the finger tips are beginning to tear open so it's time for a new pair.

RE: Lee Parks Gloves - The ferret - 12-06-2017 03:17 PM

Those are great gloves, Merry Christmas redbirds. Did Sparky order her 900rs yet?

Lee Parks Gloves - Cormanus - 12-06-2017 04:57 PM

Nice present, ‘birds. Great looking winter gloves.

RE: Lee Parks Gloves - 4 Paws - 12-06-2017 06:46 PM

Yep, Lee Parks gloves the best I’ve ever owned, worth the money. Just followed your link and wandered their website- anybody know what those handgrip warmer thingees are?

RE: Lee Parks Gloves - Nortoon - 12-06-2017 06:58 PM

I wear deer skin gloves because of their soft supple feel. But being a tightwad, I buy the deer skin work gloves at Home Depot for $25.

For cold weather I buy $23 insulated split deer skin gloves at Mark's Work Warehouse. I don't know the science behind it, but they are much warmer than insulated leather gloves.

Lee Parks Gloves - jodytek - 12-17-2017 10:01 AM

(12-06-2017 06:58 PM)Nortoon Wrote:  I wear deer skin gloves because of their soft supple feel. But being a tightwad, I buy the deer skin work gloves at Home Depot for $25.

For cold weather I buy $23 insulated split deer skin gloves at Mark's Work Warehouse. I don't know the science behind it, but they are much warmer than insulated leather gloves.

Interesting, I have been looking for some gloves for riding on the colder days. I found some glove liners at cycle gear during the Black Friday sales and they are really thin, but do provide extra warmth. However, they only help so much with vented summer riding gloves. A couple of days ago I was at Home Depot and spotted the work gloves. I tried a few and decided the deer leather was really nice. When I got home I checked and the glove liners fit in them very nice.

Unfortunately, I have come down with a cold and have not had the chance to give them a real testing yet, but I am hopeful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk